Bamba, the Paso Fino mule, may be the most valuable animal on the ranch. She heads to the mountain in May to rope and doctor calves. Available June 25.
"Bamba was the first mule I have ever ridden and she was great! Who wouldn't love those big floppy ears!? She tackled the steep hills no problem and was very surefooted. My favorite memory of her was when we were going to start loping and I was unsure of how smooth she would be. To my surprise, she felt awesome and moved out like a pro!! Had a smile on my face the whole time." - Jordan
- Size- 15 hands
- Age - 18 (b. 2004)
- Sex - molly mule
- Color - sorrel
- Breed - Paso Fino mule
- Rider level - For any level rider, gentle for kids and adults
- Temperament - Calm and quiet
- Experience - miles and miles of rides and ranch work with a variety of riders of various experience levels
- Trail riding, packing, and ranch work. Perfect size to pack and for getting off and on at gates and to doctor calves.
- Wants to please
- Responds to frequent positive reinforcement
- Still in the prime of life
- Like all mules, she's sure-footed
- Will jump into a lope, and stop on a dime
- Rides on a loose rein
- Cows aren't her favorite animals, but she will make a business of working them and rounding up the herd.
- Available June 25 after working cattle on the mountain
"Horseworks is a place perfectly designed to expand your horizons and constantly push yourself to learn new things. Having been a fairly new rider, I'd built my confidence riding a few of the horses and was keen to push myself on another horse, a mule (Bamba) to be precise. To build both my confidence and the confidence of the mule, MaeCile and I took her into the round-pen to do groundwork, working with Bamba to gain some understanding as to how she would move and respond while riding. Having gained some fantastic insight from the very knowledgeable MaeCile and begun building rapport with Bamba, it was time for a ride out. What followed was one of my most enjoyable rides yet and I instantly fell in love. If you've never ridden a mule before, I highly recommend giving it a go at least once! Bamba was, from then on, my go to horse/mule." - Luke